• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Using Google Translate. Will Detect Duplicate?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seonewbie2

seonewbie2

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

I have a blog in foreign language and with only 4 own articles. I was thinking to add for every 4 new unique articles also 4 creative common licenced articles from other sites but translate it to this foreign language using google translate tool.

Do you think that Google will detect that I was using google translate tool? Do you think it has some measure which detects that article was translated by using automated tool?

The question is only about SEO. Leave user perspective questions for now because I would use this only for testing to see how difficult is to get serp to know if I will invest some money for proper content or not.

Thank you

#2 ChaibiAlaa

ChaibiAlaa

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:16 AM

Google Translate is from Google as you can CLEARLY see .. So, for detection, yes, they certainly will, but, it will not be duplicate as the content indexed will be the one of the original language site, not translated websites.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,011 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

I would imagine it will read like if you use a tool, so it won't be of much use to you on your site since your visitors will know right away that the article makes no sense to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!