• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple Categories In Lbc Dillute Primary Category?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vrJim

vrJim

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

Here's something I've been wondering about... let's pretend we're making a Google Maps listing in the Local Business Center for totally fictitious "Joe's Autobody". Let's pretend that we choose 5 categories for his business:

Mechanic
Auto-Body Shop
Truck Repair Shop
Car Detailing Service
Towing Service

Now Joe will once in a blue moon do some truck repair and car detailing and he contracts towing out on a case by case basis, but these are very small parts of his the business. Would adding detailing, truck repair, and towing as LBC categories dilute the search result visibility for "Mechanic" and "Auto-Body Shop"- the main bread winners?

I looked all over the web and couldn't find any information on this; just people complaining they were limited to just 5 categories. Naturally, I would rather my clients show really well for just one strong category than show kind-of-ok for five when most aren't winning any more customers.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

I doubt it would be a problem, but don't know for sure from personal experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!