• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Wysiwyg Website Building Software And Seo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bcleanwindows

bcleanwindows

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

I built my website myself using a WYSIWYG web builder. Was wondering if those types of software create too much code for spiders to crawl. Or if this even matters

#2 Mooro

Mooro

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

Spiders should be able to crawl most stuff unless the going is really, really tough!

I took a look at your code. There's a few comments in there, no harm in them and a lot of style references inline but nothing nasty or harmful.

If you're going WYSIWYG and you've concerns about markup give AMAYA a shot, it's from the W3C, the know a thing or two about HTML! smile.gif

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

Does it matter? It's not the most important thing!

#3 Connie

Connie

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(bcleanwindows @ Feb 2 2010, 04:18 PM) View Post
I built my website myself using a WYSIWYG web builder. Was wondering if those types of software create too much code for spiders to crawl. Or if this even matters

Depends on which WYSIWYG you used. Some produce better code than others. The code would really have to be bad to stop a spider.

IMHO the better the code the better site you have for users and spiders.

Learn some basic html so that you can clean up the code.

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,647 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

It takes a real mess for a page's code to be so bad a spider can't make it through, but there are lots of reasons to keep your code as clean as possible anyway: it makes it easier to keep things consistent from one page on the site to the next, pages tend to load faster, errors are easier to spot and fix, and that makes cross-browser compliance easier to accomplish.

#5 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

Clean code also makes it much easier to update and maintain your web pages in the shortest amount of time.

Anyone who has had to weed their way through nested tables created with a WYSIWYG program can attest to that.

Even the people at the Dreamweaver Support center suggest you have a basic understanding of HTML when using their program. This enables you to go in and fix or clean up errors the software makes when creating your pages...which it will do.

http://www.adobe.com...ava/basic_html/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!