• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Rdfa - Who's Using It

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:06 AM

So who here is using RDFa, and is it working?

Is it yet more evidence that G! and other major search engines are moving more and more towards standards and W3C compliancy?

Does any one have examples of its use in action?

Here is some info on the subject...

http://www.w3.org/TR...ml-rdfa-primer/

A Markup That Could Have Big Implications for SEO

#2 ArtphotoasiA

ArtphotoasiA

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(1dmf @ Jan 26 2010, 12:06 PM) View Post
So who here is using RDFa, and is it working?

Is it yet more evidence that G! and other major search engines are moving more and more towards standards and W3C compliancy?

Does any one have examples of its use in action?

Here is some info on the subject...

http://www.w3.org/TR...ml-rdfa-primer/

A Markup That Could Have Big Implications for SEO

really interesting post... I use w3c and do hope G will move on that way.... I will got to check RDF immediatly...

#3 scouseflip

scouseflip

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

Hi 1dmf

Interesting stuff - I have seen some of these rich snippets on G before but had no idea how they were produced! Never heard of RDFa before though (I'm somewhat out of the loop these days - even more so than before if you can believe that searchme.gif)

Quite possibly due to my own lack of understanding, I don't see why this would be seen as a move towards w3c compliance from the SE's... what is the link there? It just looks from what I have seen that they are using this additional info to enhance their SERPS?

#4 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:46 AM

Well according to the article, it can be used to enhance rankings and also keyword relevancy, helping to describe the page content in a 'standards' specific way.

That's as far as i've read, which is why I wondered if anyone was using it, understood the specification and could elborate in laymans terms what this was all about.

I currently don't have the time to study the spec and try to get my head around what it really is trying to offer or the benefits that can be made from this new standard.

Only just got my latest TMA in on time for my current Diploma course, I'm swamped at work and I'm working on an eighth album, so if you fancy a little light reading and can post back your findings wink1.gif

#5 scouseflip

scouseflip

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:10 AM

I might just do that!

#6 aroncb

aroncb

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(ArtphotoasiA @ Jan 27 2010, 10:50 PM) View Post
really interesting post... I use w3c and do hope G will move on that way.... I will got to check RDF immediatly...

Thanks for these - if you find any other useful bits on it would love to see them. As far as I can tell everyone is stood around looking at each other trying to figure out what the semantic web means in terms of user experience, SEO. Waiting to see which specs to follow without danger of the wind changing. Given google are putting weight in the semantic web direction I think it'll only be a matter of time before they start leaning heavily and semantic content of certain types will become essential for good rankings..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!