• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keyword Order In Title Tags

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dsutton

dsutton

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

I did a brief search and couldn't find any concrete information about this, so I thought I'd pose the question. My apologies if it's a repost.

I'm optimizing a site for a divorce lawyer who practices in 2 states. If i include the following in the title tag:

California Divorce Laywer, Nevada Divorce Attorney

Will that be indexed so that it's equivalent to "California Divorce Attorney, Nevada Divorce Lawyer"?

If not, what's the best way to handle this aside from showing every iteration of the phrase?

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,011 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(dsutton @ Jan 20 2010, 07:52 PM) View Post
Will that be indexed so that it's equivalent to "California Divorce Attorney, Nevada Divorce Lawyer"?

If not, what's the best way to handle this aside from showing every iteration of the phrase?

No it won't. But presumably you have some text on the page where you can use the phrases that way.

#3 Michael-F

Michael-F

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Not equivalent, but you will show up for those alternate phrases - provided they aren't hyper-competitive. You'll rank better for whatever you use the exact phrase for.

That's dependent on competition, of course. If your exact match phrases are more competitive, you might still have a worse ranking for them in spite of being optimized better for them.

#4 kieronhughes

kieronhughes

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(dsutton @ Jan 21 2010, 12:52 AM) View Post
I did a brief search and couldn't find any concrete information about this, so I thought I'd pose the question. My apologies if it's a repost.

I'm optimizing a site for a divorce lawyer who practices in 2 states. If i include the following in the title tag:

California Divorce Laywer, Nevada Divorce Attorney

Thanks!

Personally I would only include the main location that the lawyer practises in (therefore the most relevant), but you could still target the other term on another page. So have your home page targetting 'California' for example - with a seperate page referencing that they practise in Nevada too (including the location details etc).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!