• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google, Microsoft Or Yahoo Ppc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rjcarr

rjcarr

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

I just signed up for Yahoo and M$ PPC programs, but I am curious what others are using. Of course, I'm pretty sure most are using AdWords, but what about the other two? Any feedback?

My thoughts are that it doesn't matter where the traffic comes from, as long as it is good traffic. And I don't see how the traffic would be that different for us between the 3. But I may change my mind after a while. But I do like the fact that my cost per click is substantially lower with Yahoo than Google. But what about adCenter? Anyone having any luck with it? How are the bids vs. Google?

#2 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(rjcarr @ Jan 13 2010, 08:14 PM) View Post
And I don't see how the traffic would be that different for us between the 3.

I personally devise a separate campaign per SE. Yahoo and Google PPC.

Why?

Because to me the traffic does vary and wildly so, simply because of the method I use to search for search terms.

Those who have google as default SE use completely different search terms to those who use Yahoo, suggestive of the interesting difference of 'type' for want of a better word, of user profile.

I optimise each campaign individually for each SE.

The important factor is, yes right, all traffic is good traffic, but good traffic is useless if it is not converting traffic.

I look for minimum 4% conversion rate per day, that means for every 100 visitors I make 4 sales..this is the important factor bar none!

unsure.gif

#3 rjcarr

rjcarr

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

Interesting observation. Thanks for chiming in. I too care only about conversions. But I will keep your comments in mind. BTW, one thing I notice right away is how bad the adCenter interface is. It's like these people have never built a website before. Terrible. But if they send me traffic for 5 cents a click I will be happy!

#4 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(rjcarr @ Jan 13 2010, 08:50 PM) View Post
But if they send me traffic for 5 cents a click I will be happy!

Its all about not deviating off the line of your gross budget structure.

But yeah the interface leaves a lot to be desired rjcarr.

unsure.gif

#5 BryanWoodUrns

BryanWoodUrns

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

Personally, we use Adwords had we have seen our ads pop up on other search engines plenty of times.. (using google's advertiser network option) Just be sure to make sure that you are using that option and you'll get the maximum exposure as possible.

Although, if you have the budget to use them all, do it.. the broader the exposure the better obviously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!