• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

A Blog Site Structure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seonewbie2

seonewbie2

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hi, I am new into this forum. I hope anybody can help me with this question.

I am developing own blog and I am wondering what structure would be the best choice. Please check all options and tell me which one do you think is the best:

a)
-5 last articles (blog posts) on home page with image + an article teaser. The teaser is wrote extra only for the home page. If you click on home page to older posts, each page url is depend on month and each page has 10+ articles (to not have exact the same article teasers as home page had yesterday, the older posts page has 10-5 more articles).

-On the menu are categories of which names are ralated to most popular keywords

-Each category page has a 200 words introduction. To not duplicate teasers from home page, in the category page are only titles and images of articles related to this category. 15 titles per page, listenings of older pages are noindex since all those article titles are also in home listenings.

-Final article has own page with full text and comments.

b )
Similar as a) with a difference that I would have on home page 10 last articles and just 2 lines of teaser. The full text of teaser is than on category page. Together with article from categories I would put on home page also some news to have at lest 50% different content from categories.

c)
Any other idea how to avoid duplicate from home page and category?

Thank you so much!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,872 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

And it matters because??

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

As Chrishirst was I think suggesting, it really doesn't matter if your snippets are duplicates from within the articles themselves. That's to be expected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!