• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Need Tutorial On How To Change Internal Linking

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FriedOkra

FriedOkra

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hi all! I am new to this forum and need help! My Dad has a ecommerce website that is not SE friendly. All of his product names are by ID number and he wants to change them to the actual name of the product. hxxp://mysite.com/Super.asp?id=1894&name=Combi+robe. Also all of his categories are shown as follows: "hxxp://mysite.com/search.asp?types=yes&type=Chairs" I need a good tutorial on how to change all of these without messing anything up. I have experience in building sites but have never done anything like this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

#2 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(FriedOkra @ Jan 8 2010, 08:30 PM) View Post
Hi all! I am new to this forum and need help! My Dad has a ecommerce website that is not SE friendly. All of his product names are by ID number and he wants to change them to the actual name of the product. hxxp://mysite.com/Super.asp?id=1894&name=Combi+robe. Also all of his categories are shown as follows: "hxxp://mysite.com/search.asp?types=yes&type=Chairs" I need a good tutorial on how to change all of these without messing anything up. I have experience in building sites but have never done anything like this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Confused by what exactly your question is?

If I understand the question, that is have a product name in place of the ID but still have the active link functionality?

If you use Dreamweaver CS4 as your editor then I can help you...its straightforward enough.

unsure.gif

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

FriedOkra, why do you feel the need to change the URLs?

If you're doing it just for SEO purposes, I would suggest not doing it as it's doubtful that alone will gain you more search engine traffic.

Please see our numerous threads on  keyword rich URLs[/hr].

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

To be perfectly honest you have pretty much no chance at all.

ASP has no native rewriting capabilities at all. ISAPI Rewrite is available if you can get your host to install it or you run a dedicated server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.