• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How Do I Hold Onto My Google Page 1

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

All kidding aside, the larger question of 'how do I maintain a ranking for a specific phrase?' is an excellent one. The problem with me answering that is, I gain and maintain rankings for a living and have done so for a decade. It is impossible to answer that question in anything less than the SEO encyclopedia I would have to write to come close to answering it, and even then after reading all that, it would depend on the competetiveness in the market you are in.

Other members are poking fun at your celebration of achieving a ranking for what appears to be a keyphrase noone would look for to begin with. What they really want to say to you is "do keyword research with google's free tool or wordtracker or another keyword research tool, target keyword phrases that are shown to generate traffic in your niche/industry, and gain rankings for those terms using best SEO practices you will learn from reading sites like Jill's"

That's what you MEANT to say right guys!? (be nice)

#17 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

That's what you MEANT to say right guys!? (be nice)

cheers.gif

#18 Michael-F

Michael-F

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

And if the keyphrase really was a vital money term for you, you would just continue to optimize for it.

Stay a step ahead of the competition. If you haven't been linkbuilding, you should start. If you have, continue. Your competitors might eventually realize its value.

I suspect, however, that you aren't making money off this phrase, and it's simply the first non-branded keyphrase you found yourself with. If that's the case, don't worry about it at all. Find something more useful to build up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.