• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Rss Feed Vs. On-site Blog For Seo Value?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suzstephens

suzstephens

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

I have a real estate client whose site includes a blog on the same domain. Recently the client has also been blogging on a separate blog site that's popular with real estate agents. The client wants to stop using the blog that's built into her site, and perhaps use an RSS feed to bring her posts from the external real estate blog into her own site.

Since, like most real estate agents, she doesn't grasp the idea of using her best keyphrases in her content, her blog content -- regardless of where it's posted -- lends little SEO value to her site. The only SEO benefit that I can see from her on-site blog is that the search engines will see her site as having fresh content posted several times a week.

So, if I bring her external blog posts into her site using an RSS feed, will the search engines "see" the RSS feed as fresh content to the same extent as they would see content posted directly to her on-site blog? Or should I encourage her to continue to post to her on-site blog instead of using the external blog site?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

There's really no value (in terms of rankings) to fresh content. The value is to the visitors. While the spiders may come 'round more often if there's new stuff to index, that's really the only benefit.

That said, I wouldn't be so quick to disregard her posts on either blog whether or not she's thinking in terms of keyword phrases. For blog posts, you don't really need to research keywords or write for search engines. There should be plenty of words in the post and therefore plenty of opportunities to be found via long tail keyword searches.

If you have access to her analytics, you're probably already seeing this in the keyword info.

This doesn't really answer your question, but there's no right or wrong answer to it, imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!