• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google Adsense Setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:56 AM

I am implementing adsense on a site and having problems that it only will show 1 advert in the div tag provided although I have chosen a small enough advert for three side by side adverts.

And it defaults to the following message in the advert:

Microfinance Empowers - Join us in enabling the poorest of the poor to improve their own lives - Public Service Ads by Google

Any Ideas?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

The Public Service ads are 100% normal tomsk. Those get put on Adsense pages until Google's adsense bots get a chance to spider your pages to see what they're about so that they can select which ads should appear there. That'll change as they move through the indexing process.

As to the rest, I don't have a good answer for you. I just don't do much with Adsense myself since I've always been able to find better ways to monetize the sites I want to monetize. I don't know the details of their rules and regs off the top of my head since I just don't use Adsense myself. Could the current state of the pages obviously not being assigned a category of focus cause what you're seeing? Yeah, I can see how that would happen as a possibility. I'd give it a little time til Google starts showing real adsense ads there before doing much about the display issues.

#3 Ron Carnell

Ron Carnell

HR 6

• 966 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

Eventually, the number the ads displayed in a given space will be determined by your site history as massaged by the Google algorithm. Some people make more money when multiple ads are displayed. Some, however, do better when one much larger ad is presented. Google keeps tracks of what generates the most clicks and responds accordingly.

That's all "eventually," though. Randy is right, you have to give everything a bit of time. smile.gif

#4 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

Thank you gents for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,