• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Why My Site's Pr Is -1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 easyseosolution

easyseosolution

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

I use a seo tool to check my site's PR, but find the result is "-1", not zero.
my site is new, I know the range of PR is from 0 to 10. but why my site's PR is '-1'?
Does it mean my site is not indexed by Google?
please give me some advices.

#2 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:14 AM

You should read through the following section Newbie Tips

One thing you will find there is to forget about page rank.

Also if you do a quick search in google site:your domain name - This will tell you if google has indexed your site.

#3 FrenchDirectory

FrenchDirectory

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:59 AM

i never seen a pr -1

it would mean that your site is banned ?

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

I use a seo tool to check my site's PR

So you're using a tool someone developed to check a metric that has little or no basis in reality. hmm... giggle.gif

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.

Here are some facts for you.
  • Toolbar PR means nothing when it comes to site ranking. Even Google themselves have said it's for entertainment purposes only and has no real connection to real PR. So looking at it even in Google's own toolbar doesn't tell you much about a site's Real PR. It's just an possible indicator that is at least weeks if not months out of touch with Real PR.
  • The only legal way to see Toolbar PR is to view it in Google's own Toolbar. To my knowledge they have never made this data available via an API. So if you're using a tool someone else has developed to view the toolbar pr it is by definition scraping the data from Google's servers. Scraping is a violation of Google's TOS. So, depending upon how the tool developer is retrieving the information either your IP or the IP of their servers may in fact have already been identified as being a scraper in violation of Google's TOS. Thus the information you see has an even higher likelihood of being incorrect. * see footnote

Bottom line, don't pay much attention to Toolbar PR. In the best circumstance it's showing you old information that has no solid connection to real PR. Instead look to see if the site's pages have been indexed by Google, and if you're getting traffic from Google.

* Footnote - There are ways a tool developer can minimize the possibility of them or you getting dinged for scraping violations for things like this. I won't go into the details since I use one such option for a little checker script I developed for Google's own Chrome browser early on since it didn't even support Google's own toolbar. Other than to say one can make creative use of proxy IP's to minimize the possibility of getting found out.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:54 AM

You can see if your pages are indexed in Google by going there and typing in site:www.yoursite.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!