• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Horse Directory Or Horse Services Title To Url

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bmatexas

bmatexas

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:15 AM

Technically, I have created by definition, a horse directory. The keyword phrase 'horse directory' on Google's SERPs, 21.7 million. The search keyword phrase ' horse services', although, by Google's SERPs is 33.4 million.

Ever been so frustrated that you want to set your hair ablaze and run around your back yard naked and screaming obsentities? I'm there.

Any recommendations, please.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

Not sure what your asking (if anything).

#3 UBMike

UBMike

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

Some more specific... "Horse directory" is not your goal.

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,589 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:15 PM

If the question is which of those two phrases to use in the home page's title, I can see that there are plenty of sites with home pages optimized for [horse directory], [horse services], or even [horse services directory]. Assuming your horse directory is full of lots of information concerning horses, don't worry right now about two specific, highly-competitive keyword phrases. As you build the directory, you're going to be creating lots of pages that are relevant to lots of searches -- the (ahem) long tail, if you will horse.gif -- and the more of that you have, the more relevant the directory itself will become to the more general searches.

#5 kieronhughes

kieronhughes

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(bmatexas @ Dec 19 2009, 11:15 AM) View Post
Technically, I have created by definition, a horse directory. The keyword phrase 'horse directory' on Google's SERPs, 21.7 million. The search keyword phrase ' horse services', although, by Google's SERPs is 33.4 million.

Ever been so frustrated that you want to set your hair ablaze and run around your back yard naked and screaming obsentities? I'm there.

Any recommendations, please.

If you could be more specific then I'm sure you'd get some recommendations smile.gif

The number of pages returned by a query isn't neccasarily an indication of the traffic or competitiveness of a search term.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!