• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

100's Of My Pages Indexed On Google But Only 1 On Bing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arye

Arye

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Hello everyone!

I am a little perplexed why my site (see signature) has over 100 pages indexed on Google but only 1 on Bing. Any ideas how I can improve on this?

Many, many thanks - Leao

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:15 AM

Cuz Bing sucks.

Nuff said.

As to reviewing your site, if we have to look at it, it falls under our website reviews section which we have very strict rules.

#3 Arye

Arye

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

Thanks Jill. I wasn't asking for a general review just thought the link might be useful if anyone felt like exploring why my site is doing so awfully on Bing.

Leao

#4 JPotts

JPotts

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Dec 12 2009, 11:15 AM) View Post
Cuz Bing sucks.

Nuff said.

Jill - thank you for saying what so many of us have been thinking! Just out of curiosity, have you (or others) published anything explaining this reality in layman's terms? I have an internal "customer" who has latched onto Bing as his litmus test for our SEO efforts, and I'd like to be able to back up my assertion that Bing rankings should not be his highest priority.

#5 cfreek

cfreek

AAAHHHH!!1one1!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

That sentence should read:

QUOTE(JPotts @ Jan 19 2010, 01:56 PM) View Post
I'd like to be able to back up my assertion that rankings should not be his highest priority.

And there are countless posts on this forum you could point them to detailing [url=http://searchengineland.com/080131-071244.php]Why Rankings Are a Poor Measure of Success[/url] smile.gif

#6 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Beyond the whole issue of why ranking in and of itself is just not a good metric, for Bing specific stuff you can simply point them to the places that track search volumes. There are a few of these, one of the most respected probably being comScore.

Since others will be reading this in the future, rather than link directly to one of their reports I'll link to their Press Release area. They release the search volume reports quite often. Right now you'll see the December 2009 reports there. It shows all Microsoft properties delivering less than 11% of all searches in the US, and Bing specific searches coming in at just 6% of the total searches.

Those numbers, when compared against the likes of Google and even Yahoo (double MS/Bing) should help to explain why relying on Bing to be a gauge for anything probably isn't a very wise position to take.

#7 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

That Expanded Search Query Report isn't doing Mr Zuckerberg any good! Well since he is a multi-billionaire I doubt he cares!

But hey, "a company can be ruined on a bad sandwich" and that report has maggots in it!

unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!