• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Should I Choose I Or We

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Purple3

Purple3

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

Heres the situation - we are a small company just the 2 of us supplying B2B services

When writing web copy which "person " should we write it - Is it best for I or We

Regards

Paul

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:14 PM

Since there are 2 of you, I'd say "we."

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

But even more so you should be saying "YOU" a whole lot more than "WE"! smile.gif

#4 LauraJane

LauraJane

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Nov 30 2009, 04:20 PM) View Post
But even more so you should be saying "YOU" a whole lot more than "WE"! smile.gif

I totally agree with Jill! But to answer your actual question, I would agree that "we" would be appropriate.

#5 Biznics

Biznics

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(Purple3 @ Nov 30 2009, 01:57 PM) View Post
Heres the situation - we are a small company just the 2 of us supplying B2B services

When writing web copy which "person " should we write it - Is it best for I or We

Regards

Paul

Hi,

When we talk about business writing, newsletters, promotions or even web copywriting; it is good to use "WE". It looks more professional. "I" reflects only a single person and does not have enough charm to attract readers. Whereas "WE" gives an image of company, a professional firm or service providers. Also, it does not matter how many partners/workers/employees you have. "WE" is used for your company, not for the number of persons in a company.

Hope this helps.

#6 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:31 AM

Also, it does not matter how many partners/workers/employees you have. "WE" is used for your company, not for the number of persons in a company.
However constantly referring to yourself in the 3rd person is consider showing signs of insanity!!!

As Jill says, try telling your visitors what YOU can do for THEM, not how I or WE think of things but how YOU can benfit ME!

#7 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

Also, it does not matter how many partners/workers/employees you have. "WE" is used for your company, not for the number of persons in a company.

I disagree completely. If you're a one-man (woman) show and it's just you with no one else, you are an "I" not a "we."

But, the word you should be using most of all is not "I" or "we," it's you. You should be creating a website for your site visitors, not about your company. shades.gif

#8 Hank Cowdog

Hank Cowdog

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Location:Chair, Den, Wylie, Outside Dallas, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(Biznics @ Mar 4 2010, 11:07 PM) View Post
When we talk about business writing, newsletters, promotions or even web copywriting; it is good to use "WE". It looks more professional. "I" reflects only a single person and does not have enough charm to attract readers. Whereas "WE" gives an image of company, a professional firm or service providers. Also, it does not matter how many partners/workers/employees you have. "WE" is used for your company, not for the number of persons in a company.

The exception here would be if you, as CEO/President of the company, were giving a personal guarantee or promise as to the quality (e.g. "I promise that we will use only the most ethical, white hat SEO tactics targeted to provide long-term value for your web site"). In this scenario, I think you speaking on behalf of the company is appropriate.

#9 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

Another exception would be a one-person operation that you're not trying to pretend is something else. I make it clear that I'm one person on my site and I talk about the advantages my clients have because of that. For example, if a client calls me, they get me rather than some trainee who tells them he's now in charge of their project.

#10 AgSEO

AgSEO

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

99% of the time I'd use we, not I... however if you're trying to convey a personal opinion or approach ... such as an individuals twitter account ... use I ... it will make people feel more connected & build trust in YOU.

Also, are you as an individual a brand? Do people know your name / reputation? Use I in these cases as people will latch on to your reputation and trust you (and by association) the brand you represent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!