• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Multiple Site Alaytics In One Google Account - Good Or Bad?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cesces

cesces

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hi,

I have approximately 30 clients Google Analytics set up in my single Google account. This makes it much easier for me to manage.I then just grant clients access if they so desire.

However, as I sit here trying to figure out how to use AdWords, I'm suddent presented with the fact that maybe i can only run AdWords for one client in a single Google account (because I only see a single 'billing' section). Am I correct is this assumption? If so...this is going to b a nightmare to reorganize, since I'll lose all history if I have to set up new Google accounts for each client.

How do you more professional and established SEO's organize your accounts?

Thanks in advance of any help,

cesces

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

I think you can now set up a client center (They call it MCC I believe) which will allow you to do all the Adwords stuff from there. This assumes they already have Adwords set up.

You are better off, however, to have your clients have their own analytics and add you as a user so that you can be sure they hook up all their adwords/analytics together correctly.

#3 cesces

cesces

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

Thanks Jill ~ Is there a way to transfer GA (along with ultimate administrator privileges) to a new Google account, rather than just grant access? otherwise If i set up a new google analytcis account for a client in order to accompish what you're suggesting, It seems They'll lose all the historical data.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

I don't believe there is a way.

#5 cesces

cesces

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip