• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Value Of Content Surrounding Anchor Text

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arye

Arye

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:05 AM

Hi, I'd like to post another question not related to the other post I just made. I hope that this is not regarded as SPAM.

How much is the value assigned to a back link related to the content in the page with the back link? For example, if there is an external webpage with the anchor text Fruit juice linking to my website, will the link carry much more value if the external webpage has lots of references to Fruit and juice in the content surrounding the anchor text?

Many thanks again,

a very grateful Leao

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

For example, if there is an external webpage with the anchor text Fruit juice linking to my website, will the link carry much more value if the external webpage has lots of references to Fruit and juice in the content surrounding the anchor text?

Many people believe it will. I'm not really sure if there's a way to measure this to know for sure, however.

#3 Fitzwar

Fitzwar

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

Well all i can say is that it will definitely help to have you links on websites related to your niche, ive seen this help quite alot during my backlinking adventures. I would definitely recommend this

#4 ArtphotoasiA

ArtphotoasiA

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Good question... reading a lot on the anchor issue... many people believe that if i link my photography website using a link with the word photo inside will be better..... we will never know.

#5 jackc007

jackc007

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

I think the answer can be yes or no as no one has any solid proof whether this does or doesnt affect the value of your links, i suppose it couldnt hurt as long as the links are on sites related to your niche.

#6 piskie

piskie

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:21 AM

I am convinced the answer is yes and always seek incoming links from sites and pages that have 'Like Minded' content.

#7 ArtphotoasiA

ArtphotoasiA

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(jackc007 @ Jan 11 2010, 12:16 AM) View Post
I think the answer can be yes or no as no one has any solid proof whether this does or doesnt affect the value of your links, i suppose it couldnt hurt as long as the links are on sites related to your niche.

Beside the niche issue.... in the directory case you can decide to submit a link using as anchor with some relevant words on it or just your webtitle.... there will be really a difference in those 2 links ?

#8 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

Can anyone clarify something for me - I have been getting anchor text links in signature profiles amongst other things, what I have done is:

keyword1 keyword2 - some sales line.

I do not have any great exposure in the engines for the keywords on there own, however if I put keyword1 keyword2 and first word of sales line the site is where I think it should be without the word from the sales line.

If I just put in the sales line I come up number one in google.

My question I guess is if you have a straight anchor text link in a signature does having text around that link detract from the keywords?

#9 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

Detract? No. It's not a case where there is addition by subtraction.

It's highly likely your actual keyword phrases are simply more competitive on their own. However you should also know that signatures in a fair number of places --including here-- are not even seen by the search engines.

Nothing tricky with that. Not hard to do either. It's simply a forum/blog setting where one has to be logged in to see the signatures. Bots, of course, cannot log in so never see them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!