• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Downloading Google Keyword Tool Results

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 btreloar

btreloar

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

I'm evaluating the Google Keyword Tool as a potential replacement for my subscription at Keyword Discovery. All I need from Google are the monthly search volume numbers. I do my own AllInTitle evaluations, etc.

When I look up keywords in the Google tool, I can easily click "Add" for the ones I like, and then Google will download my selection. But unless I take everything Google throws at me and choose to "Download all keywords", what Google downloads is only a list of my selected keywords without the search volume numbers.

Am I missing something obvious here? How can I download selected keywords and their monthly search volume numbers?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:40 AM

I don't think you can. You need to download the whole thing and cull via excel.

#3 btreloar

btreloar

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Nov 24 2009, 09:40 AM) View Post
I don't think you can. You need to download the whole thing and cull via excel.

<sigh> I was afraid of that.

On the bright side, the Search Based Keyword Tool does seem to allow export of just selected keywords, and includes monthly search volume, too. That one's looking better and better.

#4 linkb8

linkb8

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

Lol, that's why I liked the search based tool at first but when I checked the numbers they didn't match up between the 2 tools. Also I found the search based one would not always return stats for the keywords I typed in, which was frustrating.

What I do to pull down the search volume numbers in the Adwords KW tool in bulk is use Advanced Web Ranking. They have a keyword tool that allows you to pull down the search volume numbers and copy and paste them into a notepad. I'll pull down search volume for 300 keywords in just a few clicks that way, and get search volume for 1000s of keywords at a time. Saves so much time.

#5 Theo

Theo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:25 AM

There is always winautomation.com and Excel macros to fully automate the whole process of boring repetitive and time consuming tasks.

The Google Adwords Keyword Tool allows one to export .scv files. These are excel friendly.

It takes a while to climb the learning curve here, but once you do, these tasks can run in the background while you can use your time with more productive brain work.

Just my 2 cents though.

Theo

#6 caneman

caneman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

Unfortunately, its all or nothing. I wish G would change that, but for now its not unfortunately.

#7 Lorelle

Lorelle

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

Here's a workaround. As you browse the list of keywords, as usual, click Add to put them into the right-hand side of the page. Then output the list to a text file (tip: choose the plain csv format), and copy and paste the list in the usual place where it says "Enter one keyword or phrase per line." Uncheck "Use synonyms." Next, click "Filter my results" and checkmark "Don't show ideas for new keywords." Click "Get keyword ideas" and voila! You get the complete list.

Hey, here's another cool trick I found recently. It's a shortcut to find out what the current estimated bid is for advertisers in the top 3 slots. It gives you this info instead of the graph showing advertiser competition.

Simply do your keyword search as usual, and when the list comes up, highlight a few lines with your mouse. Copy and paste into a plain-text email or Notepad document.

#8 caneman

caneman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

Lorelle, thanks very much for those tips, seems like that would save some time and I will give it a try. I wish there was a way to click a button from excel and have the keyword search show up in your spreadsheet. I can total webpage count searches in excel using vba but have no idea how to interface with google kwt and get that data, anyone know how to do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!