• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Do You Use Internal Anchor Links To Your Home Page Consisting Other Th

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SERPico

SERPico

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

I remember reading an article that advised against using keyword rich anchor internal text links to your home page.

Should you only use "Home" as an internal anchor text link when you link from internal pages to your home page, or could you also use keyword rich anchor text?

Like for example "Investment Consultant" if your home page is your online business card so to speak.

Your main navigation menu would still have your home page labeled as "Home" to maintain a regular navigation experience.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 piskie

piskie

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:03 AM

As a catch-all, I have never had nor perceived a problem with text links that contain relevant and appropriate words with reference to the page that the links point to. Obviously this is subject to the test of reasonableness usually evident by reading to yourself the text containing the link. If it sounds inappropriate, it probably is.

#3 blackirish.ken

blackirish.ken

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:24 AM

i posted this on another thread the other day but it applies to your question as well.

there are literally thousands of "Boston SEO" footer links on every page of this forum that point to the high rankings home page.

highrankings.com ranks #4 for "Boston SEO."

hope this helps.

cheers,
ken

#4 SERPico

SERPico

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

Good point Ken! smile.gif

I think it wouldn't be any problem then to use anchor text links from inner pages to my home page.
These will be anchor links containing variations of anchor text for which I would like my home page to rank for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!