• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Pr Checking Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:45 AM

Hi ..
I have a question, how do you check the PR and how do you know if it's a valid PR or not? How do you know if its a dropped domain for example?

Here is the situation I'm facing right now ..
I received some Link exchange requests, the websites which I'll link to aren't bad at all .. have some quality content, and I can link to these sites with no problem (since it gives something + to my visitors).

The PR is 6, another website has PR 5 (when I checked with the usual PR checker) ..
The problem is that I can't find any backlinks to these websiten and I don't know where do they got the PR ..

Usually, when it is a dropped domain, I just check internal pages PR .. I found the main page that is PR 6 pr 5 .. and all other pages with PR N/A.
But in this case, I just found natural ranking .. Which means some PR4 pages, some PR3 etc etc ..

Do you have an idea how to be sure that this website has backlinks?

I'll appreciate your answer.
Thanks

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,608 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

You can't have PageRank without links, so unless something very odd has happened since the toolbar was last updated, Google must be aware of links pointing to the page if the page is showing PR in the toolbar. If Google isn't reporting any of those links, you could check in Yahoo Site Explorer. Having a link reported there doesn't necessarily mean Google is aware of it, but at least you'll see who's linking to the page.

Besides, even if Google does return a given page in the results of a link: search, that doesn't necessarily mean that Google is passing any strength from that page to the target.

#3 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:44 AM

Yes, when I spoke about backlinks, I meant Yahoo site explorer because it shows every single link online..

That(s really strange ..
Can I pm you one of these websites so you can check?

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,608 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Sure, I'll take a quick look.

By the way, I don't think you can say that Site Explorer "shows every single link online". It generally reports a lot more than Google does, but there's no guarantee either that Yahoo knows about every link or that they report every link they know about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!