• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Newbie Google Analytics Ppc Tracking Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BeckM3

BeckM3

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

Hi,
I just started using AdWords with Google Analytics and I have a question.

I got a click from my PPC campaign that was not a conversion. But is there still a way to track what pages this specific person looked at? I can narrow it down to the day in analytics of course, but that still won't filer out the pageviews, etc. for this one visitor. I know it didn't go to a conversion page (e.g. the contact page), but I'd at least try to find what their exit page was.

So is there a way to just look at the pages that this person visited -- without seeing the data from all of the other visitors that day (e.g. content overview, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

I think that's the one feature that's lacking from GoAn. You can't track exactly where an individual visitor went.

Funny, because I was just filling out a survey for GoAn and that's the one feature I said that I wish they had.

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

What Jill said. It's not something that can be done with GoAn currently.

This has actually been one of my personal pet peeves since the beginning of GoAn. I've given up grousing about it to them because I've probably already filed 30 or 40 requests for the capability. Back in the day the installed version of Urchin used to allow you to set up special filters to see this kind of path information when certain conditions were met. Somehow after Google purchased Urchin and turned it into Google Analytics the ability was lost.

FTR, this is one of the very major reasons why I still use alternate conversion tracking software. Because I want to not only be able to see Path data from all converting visitors, but I also want to see path information from certain non-converting traffic. Yes too much information can be detrimental and yes you have to be careful about ending up with data paralysis, but being able to see the path info of all converting visits gives me a really good indication of which paths I may need to make more prominent for all visitors and knowing the latter for some traffic channels allows me to test and fix potential problems.

Bottom line, it's a failing in GoAn. One which in my humble opinion most definitely should not be there for Adwords advertisers, who after all are paying Google for this traffic. Call me demanding if you want considering GoAn is a free tool, but when you're dealing with Paid traffic my view is you should be able to track it every possible way. Free tool or not doesn't affect my opinion. I was paying for Urchin for many years before Google took it over. And this ability went bye-bye for the paid version too once Google got ahold of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.