• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Pagerank Domain Scams

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

this isnt my area, i know its a con, i just cant work out whats happening with the redirects and PR.

Client approached and asked for reciprocal link between the sites. The site they say they'll list the clients on (on the homepage) is a PR5, yet i know it expired and was re-registered on 6 november (site is www(dot)cheapenvironmentalist(dot)com ) . The site they want a link to in return is to another site [url removed since it's not really necessary for the discussion] .

Googles cache of the supposed PR5 site shows another site, which DOES have PR5, but which was cached after the renewal date of 6th november.

Whats going on here? Feel free to edit url's mods, i know the rules, but i've listed them as it gives a better understanding.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:24 AM

Guesses here, but that's the best we can do without seeing what Google knows in their back end.

The re-registration is so new that Google is probably still catching up. That can happen and show truly strange stuff in the cache. As a for instance, if the "cheap" site had hosting set up on a server at one point but the hosting was then turned off for some reason without the Nameserver information being changed it's completely possible that the server would still sort of answer and sort of still provide a site, even though it was the wrong site. I've seen this one happen myself with one of my own sites when it was set up on the server to be the Default Domain for a specific IP number and the DNS records of someone (in my case it was the DNS of the folks I lease my servers from) still points another site to that specific IP number. This DNS mix up created a total mess for me to clean up, even though it was all done completely innocently.

Of course someone could be cloaking too, but that's probably not the case in my experience.

First thing I'd do is give it a week or two for Google to sort everything out and get all of the dc's updated. The reason I say this is that you're apparently still seeing a Google cache for the "cheap" domain. There was nothing returned when I performed a Site type of search for it from here. But as you said I do get a totally different page if I perform a cache type of search on the domain name. Which usually means Google is still updating their records. Even though they're reporting a date that's obviously wrong.

#3 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

yep i'll see what happens then.. thanks randy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!