• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Twitter Pains

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nickora

nickora

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

Ok so a lot of brands are trying to protect thier reputation through twitter by searching thier brand name and then answering questions or replying to comments about them - seems like a good idea right? so how come so many are getting it wrong and sending one reply, then failing to answer a follow up, or replying to you with a half baked 140 character comment that makes no sense to you?
I dont know if anyone else has come across this, certainly has happened to me more than once tho so id be surprised if it hasnt. so has anyone else got any stories like this? or are there any other ways you find companies are using twitter in a negative or non-productive way?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:02 AM

While I could spout off a list of 50 or so things that I can't stand about the way some people use twitter, the beauty of it is that there is no right or wrong way.

You follow those who use it the way you like it to be used and unfollow those who don't.

If you expect full customer service via twitter, then I think you're expecting too much. It's a great way to see what people are saying about your brand, or even to first spot someone with a customer service problem, but after that it should move to email or phone or some other more productive medium.

#3 BryanWoodUrns

BryanWoodUrns

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

I think concentrating on twitter in this way is kind of worthless.. Obviously if someone says something bad about your company anywhere it's not a good thing, but having a twitter flame war back and forth is just pointless.. Especially considering that the amount of people that are going to see/pay any attention to that particular tweet is probably going to be nearly nill..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!