• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Software Are You Using To Submit Your Site To Directories?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 mydecember

mydecember

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

What software are you using to submit your site to directories and search engines?

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,620 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:13 AM

I don't submit sites to search engines. For [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showforum=21]Submitting to Directories[/url], I use a browser and a spreadsheet.

#3 mydecember

mydecember

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

But these thousands of directories. How can you submit manually? These softwares allow you to submit your site to thousands of directories/search engines automatically. Some of them even recognize CAPTCHAs (e.g. GSA Auto Website Submitter). Other software (SEOSuite, SubmitWolf) promise to unlock 500,000+ directories if you purchase the full version. So I question developer's honesty.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:01 PM

Those types of tools are a waste of time and will only provide you with lots and lots of email spam.

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,620 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

But these thousands of directories.

I don't submit to thousands of directories. It's just a waste of time. And as the operator of a tiny niche directory, I can tell you that these automated submitters don't pay much attention to where or how they're making submissions. My directory's niche is in its name, it's in every URL in the directory, and on the page that contains my submission form I have the following:
If you arrived on this page directly from a site about directory submissions and have not actually looked at the content of our directory, please note that this is a niche directory of the [niche]. We do not and will not list sites outside of that business.

I get 100-150 submissions a week. Of those, generally 1 or 2 are actually in the niche. The rest, I'm sure, are submissions made by software, because no human is going to miss my oh-so-subtle hints and manually submit their site about some other industry if they're actually looking at the page.

#6 insom

insom

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

I would like to see that 500,000 directory list..
Question: how many of those ips are on the same ip range and how many are broken.

maybe 10% left

#7 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

Just for fun, I went back and looked at a list of about 50 directories that I submitted my site to that were "important" in say, 2007. Most no longer exist and the ones that do, generally are not even indexed by Google.

One directory out of all of them still seems to "count"- its pages are indexed and and it even shows a backlink in GWT- that one is JoeAnt. I found that surprising. I'm not saying that the others don't count, or that there might be newer ones that do still count, but I was surprised at how few of the older directories had Google cached pages of the deeper pages.

Seems a waste now- all the time and fees.

#8 insom

insom

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

the good ones are the niche directories that aren't auto approved.

However perhaps as a whitehat technique, on different c class, you could submit to 100 instant approve directories and get 100 instant backlinks.
Which would tip your page over the edge over the ones that don't have any.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

However perhaps as a whitehat technique, on different c class, you could submit to 100 instant approve directories and get 100 instant backlinks.

I think that should read 100 instant CRAPlinks.

#10 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

How would that be better than, for example, submitting comments to a list of 100 abandoned blogs? Why should a link that requires no proof of quality to get serve as any sort of proof of quality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!