• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Will We Drop In Out Of Page 1 On Launch Of Redesign?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StickItOut

StickItOut

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Hello All ( again today..)

I am to redesign our company's current website. My boss is scared we will drop off the map if I totally redo the site ( code, graphics AND sea stuff like title tags). He seems to be satisfied that the current title tags are working but I dont think they are too well... not even a title tag on one of the pages that the page has to do with (topically speaking). The code for our current site really blows and visually isnt very appealing either imho - if I redo the site and redo content, title tags and have cleaning code are we going to go back to page 23 like my boss thinks?

R

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

if I redo the site and redo content, title tags and have cleaning code are we going to go back to page 23 like my boss thinks?

Depends.

If they're actually good now and you change them, then yeah, you could drop. If not, then no.

That said, there's a lot more to worry about than Titles when you do a website redesign. Are your URLs changing? The navigation and how the pages are interlinked? The content?

Those things are all important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!