• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Domain Name With .info

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cryffmoon

cryffmoon

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:39 AM

I have been contacted by a domain name company trying to sell me an extension of mydomain name, as well as co.uk they are suggesting a .info would help visibility and traffic. Is this really the case, would it just be a bit more confusing to have 2 domain names???

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

Is this really the case?

Not really. Or at least not unless you're going to put in twice the effort you do now and make the .info a site unto itself.

In other words, simply having the additional domain name and doing nothing else isn't going to help.

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Sarcasm is NOT one of my finer, more humane qualities, however there is a time... Take a look at http://dottedi.biz/i...wordpress&p=952. Any chance the offer looks like this?

Speaking to what Randy said, with my primary website, I started running out of inodes/files. The hosting company set the limit at 50,000. I was able to retrieve and register both the .info and .us versions. They are both unique websites in that I have set up a different set of demos on each and somewhere in there I have links back to the main website.

Some squatter is sitting on the .com holding it for ransom. These companies that do this will try to make a strong argument to the fact that you're losing out by not snapping it up. You will also see similar offers about them submitting your website to some zillion search engines. Yeah right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!