• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Why Do Seo Comapnies

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lancshireroseblinds

lancshireroseblinds

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:51 AM

Someone tell me why? Seo companies seem to ignore the little guys. We are a relatively new company six months old, can we get an affordable seo company? No just because we are not rolling in it , we cant seem to get any company to take us on. Surely there is a company out there that deals with SME's

#2 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

I personally don't think they ignore the little guy, they just aren't interested and over rate themselves thinking their worth is more than it actually is.

It happens in all industries, that's why you end up with niche markets, Lexus don't sell cars to poor people or non-execs. That is their 'company USP'.

Do you moan at farrari because they don't make an inner-city smart car the same price as a Fiat?

Or moan at Mercedes for producing the worlds smallest car that only rich people can afford?

most SEO's want money for nothing, spend a little time on here, ask questions and learn from the great advice, you'll find you can do most of it yourself.

Then you only need to outsource specifics, not the whole job, which you may find is more cost effective.

#3 lancshireroseblinds

lancshireroseblinds

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

I have been doing my own seo for a while all i need is someone to help me get higher amount of hits and click throughs, surely that cant be that hard. Thanks for the comments

#4 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

get higher amount of hits and click throughs,

Where do you advertise, where do you link build, do you offer additonal resources or are you just selling something, do you banner advertise or Adwords?

Do you require campaign management, or merely link building?, do you require additonal quality content for your site.

Do you need your copytext rewriting or freshening up? are you targeting your keyphrases correctly?

do you run analytics and see what's working and what isn't , where your current traffic comes from or indeed doesn't so you can formulate a plan to target those areas which are lacking.

The list goes on, if you don't ask a specific question, we cannot give you a specific answer.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

We work with companies of all sizes. It would depend on what it is you're selling or promoting as to whether we would be interested in working with you. And of course, whether you agreed to our prices.

There are lots of SEO companies who will work with smaller companies, so I'm not sure why you are having trouble.

#6 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(lancshireroseblinds @ Oct 27 2009, 06:51 AM) View Post
Someone tell me why? Seo companies seem to ignore the little guys. We are a relatively new company six months old, can we get an affordable seo company? No just because we are not rolling in it , we cant seem to get any company to take us on. Surely there is a company out there that deals with SME's

define 'affordable'. Many small companies seem to think 80 per month is a lot for just a bit of SEO work, when in reality all that gets you is a couple of hours work on the site a month, yet i regularly do work for companies such as those, with nice little results. You can do a lot in two hours. Sure, you wouldnt get the same amount of time on a site as you would if you paid 500 a month, but do you need it? I'm guessing you either have a small e-commerce site or a brochure site with a few pages on it. You should nt be paying any more (or less) than 80-150 a month, but who knows.. maybe your site needs 500 work a month.. i have no idea. If it did, i'd be advising that, but i wouldnt refuse to take no the site if the client wanted less.. thats just daft.

SEO and web marketing isnt about providing a set package and rate, its about how much time you spend on the site in question. Most companies should be flexible enough to offer varied packages to different companies... but some dont. I once worked for an SEO company that charged three times the amount i do, yet only do the same amount of monthly work that i do once a quarter !
My advice, go for a small SEO company, with dedicated references and a good client base.. you'll find they'll be more than happy to help. Like me for instance smile.gif

#7 Mhoram

Mhoram

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:41 AM

As 1dmf said, the question "How can I improve my ranking/traffic/profits?" is one with a long, complex answer; and the answer doesn't necessarily get much shorter or simpler just because a site is small. Most of the same needs that apply to a 10-page site apply equally to a 1000-page site, just repeated more often. If you're writing up a site audit or marketing plan, a large site may not take any longer than a small one.

Also, in my experience, the overhead actually increases when dealing with a small budget, because I end up spending more time talking to the client, trying to work out exactly what they can afford to do when, and talking them down from whatever recent scheme their neighbor's cousin's boyfriend told them would jump them to the top of the rankings cheap. The people with bigger budgets who say "just make it happen" require much less overhead, especially as a percentage of the total project time.

None of which is to say small sites shouldn't be able to get help. But don't expect it to be proportionately small compared to what a large site might pay. You might have to pony up what seems like a large chunk of money to get started, compared to your overall site budget, but if you're willing to do a lot of the grunt work yourself once you find out what needs to be done, you can save a lot after that point. And of course, there's always the option of learning how to do it yourself, since all the info is out there on sites like this one. It's probably fair to say that every search marketing expert is self-taught.

#8 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Mhoram @ Jan 26 2010, 11:41 AM) View Post
Also, in my experience, the overhead actually increases when dealing with a small budget, because I end up spending more time talking to the client, trying to work out exactly what they can afford to do when, and talking them down from whatever recent scheme their neighbor's cousin's boyfriend told them would jump them to the top of the rankings cheap. The people with bigger budgets who say "just make it happen" require much less overhead, especially as a percentage of the total project time.

I've had the opposite experience. With small companies, my contact is almost always the owner. That's who I have to explain my plans to, and that's who approves them. The bigger the client, the more people I have to deal with -- the marketing team, the development team, the Accounts Payable department -- and that tends to slow things down for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!