• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Sharethis Better Than Sociable For Wordpress Seo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mickmel

mickmel

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:30 AM

I've been using Sociable on all of my blogs as a way for users to share (twitter, facebook, etc) post content with their friends. The script automatically nofollows all of the links, but with the announcement earlier this year that even nofollow links count against you, I wonder if I'm really hurting myself.

With Sociable, I add about 8 links to EVERY post. On the front page, we're talking about dozens of links -- all nofollowed, but all apparently diluting my link juice a bit.

With ShareThis, it's just a single JavaScript link, that pops up a list of the others. To Google, that would seem to only be one link (if that). All in all, it seems like that would help keep more of the link juice flowing to my other blogs posts, rather than getting wasted on nofollow links to the social sources.

Does this make sense, or am I over-thinking it?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:57 AM

I think all of those types of things are done via javascript links which typically are not followed by search engines and wouldn't count as links.

#3 mickmel

mickmel

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Oct 26 2009, 08:57 AM) View Post
I think all of those types of things are done via javascript links which typically are not followed by search engines and wouldn't count as links.

ShareThis does it via JavaScript, but Sociable embeds an unordered list directly on the site. Example here:
http://www.googlewaveinfo.com/

That's why I think it might be wise to switch. Jill, do you agree?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

I don't personally worry about leaking PR. For what it's worth, those links are 302-redirected. I'm not quite sure if they would pass link juice or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!