• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Geographic Qualifier

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,549 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

The way I read the original question, it seemed like #1 involved keyword stuffing within the content of the page. #1 is described as "some times can look spammy" and #2 as "with lower keyword density - reads a lot better." Other than that, I didn't see any real difference between the two options.

#17 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(jass_blink @ Oct 29 2009, 12:11 AM) View Post
How good or bad is #1 technique in comparison with #2? Why not have Liverpool in the Title and h1?

They never said anything about Titles. They originally said:

Using key phrase, Denistry services in Liverpool , in H1 , content, alt text etc , some times can look spammy

So of course, our replies were speaking accordingly.

#18 jass_blink

jass_blink

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Oct 30 2009, 06:48 AM) View Post
They never said anything about Titles. They originally said:
So of course, our replies were speaking accordingly.

And, if we specifically ask for better option out of two?

#19 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:59 AM

for me its #1 no question. #2 will get you listed in perhaps the first or second page , as its a relatively low competition term, but #1 will get you listed higher.

#20 SEO FF

SEO FF

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(adibranch @ Oct 30 2009, 05:59 AM) View Post
for me its #1 no question. #2 will get you listed in perhaps the first or second page , as its a relatively low competition term, but #1 will get you listed higher.

I agree. If the theme of the site was not specific to a local area, # 2 would probably be more fitting. Since the business is located in Liverpool, there is no reason not to have the geographic area in the title. Of course, you need good, supporting content and links using variations of Dentistry Services in Liverpool.

#21 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,549 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

Uh, I think we need to review what options 1 and 2 were, because there was nothing in there about the title tag for either one.
1. Using key phrase, Denistry services in Liverpool , in H1 , content, alt text etc , some times can look spammy

2. Using key phrase, Denistry services , in H1 , content , alt text etc , some references for Liverpool though with lower keyword density - reads a lot better

#22 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

Exactly. Which is what I was saying as well. It's completely different what you do in the body/headlines than what you do in Title tags.

#23 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,549 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

It may be that I misread it initially as well, but not in reference to the title tag. Looking at it now, it looks like the main difference between the options is that they use different keyword phrases: #1 is optimized for [Denistry services in Liverpool] whereas #2 is optimized for [Denistry services] and just contains a few mentions of Liverpool scattered around the page.

My previous answers were based on the impression that both pages are optimized for the first phrase, including the city name, but the second one just used it a bit less, and I don't think that's what the original question was meant to indicate.

So with that in mind, here's my advice, without mentioning any of the options in the original question: make sure the words "Liverpool" and "dentist" or "dentistry" are used on the page, both in a phrase and separately. Use them in the title, the heading(s), and the meta description, make sure the full physical address of the office is on the page, and depending on what your research indicates, consider optimizing other pages for phrases like "Liverpool dental care," "Liverpool tooth care," etc.

#24 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

c'mon though its a given... ' in H1 , content, alt text etc' would also mean title tags. Why you would you put it in those and not the title. either way, title or not, the answer is the same.. #1 .

#25 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

c'mon though its a given... ' in H1 , content, alt text etc' would also mean title tags.

It most certainly is not a given. Especially when you're talking about geographical qualifiers.

#26 SEO FF

SEO FF

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

Well I'll apologize too b/c I "assumed" the terms would appear in the title. I do agree with qwerty again as that advice covers all the bases.

Jill, care to elaborate a little more on what your latest point? What changes with geographical qualifiers?

#27 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

Using the city or state or country or whatever as part of the keyword phrase within the content of your site is usually not going to make sense from a user perspective, nor is it necessary.

But you would want to use it in the Title tag.

#28 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

aha i see what you mean. But this all comes down to how the post was worded, not the theory behind it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!