• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

A Simple Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

Mainly for our east coast US crew. 'specially those Baaaaaaahston-ites, though I understand the Carolina's crew might also have something to add.

The simple question is:

So have you been dreaming really, really hard about having a White Christmas ...erm... Thanksgiving ...erm... Halloween?

Or were you shooting for a White Labor Day and it just arrived late? giggle.gif

I would ask the more complicated question (What the hell happened to this Global Warming stuff I keep hearing so much about?) but that would spoil the really cool, snow ball fight. snow.gif

For the record, I blame it all on one of two things.

It's either the alien.gif who have been mf_zap.gif us all.

Or the economy is so bad that too many people have stopped argue.gif and blahblah1.gif and secret.gif and tango.gif and the loss of all that human produced heat has reversed global warming and then some. Hey, it's a conspiracy theory, but at least it fits the facts!

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,602 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Dang Nor'easters mad.gif

I just hope it's limited to the coast, because I'm supposed to be in Vermont to see the foliage in a few days, and if it snowed there.... mad.gif

#3 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:04 AM

White Labor Day
That sounds like a Ku Klux Klan holiday? I'm sure you're not a WASP Randy wink1.gif

But seriously, Global warming, what a load of tosh.

So riddle me this batman, seings as we have come out of an ice age long before man could build houses let alone factories, cars and produce green house gases, please do explain what melted the ice that time!

Or indeed what froze the ice in the first place, the planet has gone through cycles of extreame global tropic temperatures (during the dinosour age) right to the other extreme know as 'snow ball earth' where we were lucky to even defrost.

Man will be wiped out and replace by something else long before we get a chance to destroy the planet, it's been around for millions of years and withstood far greater things than we have ever thrown at it.

Now don't get me wrong, polution is bad and so is waste and excess, I refuse to take carrier bags because of the island in the middle of the sea, the size of Texas made up of carrier bags, that's just wrong.

But if you think you are going to stop other countries like india, china etc developing, forget it, we had out industrial revolution, now it's their turn and who can blame them.

And I don't beleive USA will drop a nuke on them, and until they do, I'll just concider the weather as normal!

Well as normal as a hunk of rock orbiting a huge nuclear fireball, flying through space at thousands of miles an hour, which is infested with organic life forms can be!

Is that normal? what is normal? , if we are alone in the universe that would make us not normal wouldn't it?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,911 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, the snow was crazy yesterday, but it seemed to be good luck for the Patriots!

My husband says that our cycles of warming and cooling are due to sunspot activity.

#5 Michael-F

Michael-F

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

There's substantial proof that global warming is happening; the only question is why. If it is us doing it, then we need to stop. If it isn't us doing it, we still need to stop - the whole oil peak leading to global economic meltdown thing is scary enough even without the threat of global warming destroying entire cities.

#6 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,602 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

I agree, but I worry that this is going to turn into a political debate, which is verboten around here.

#7 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:00 AM

don't worry qwerty, it's going to be alright. thumbup1.gif

Well apart from global apocalypse of course wink1.gif

#8 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

It's all irrelevant as we're getting wiped out in 2012 anyway - that guy who made Independence Day has made a documentary all about it ->

#9 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

It's all irrelevant as we're getting wiped out in 2012 anyway
Wow is the Olympics really going to be that bad?

There is always the argument we don't even exist in the first place -> I think, therefore I am, therefore it's all in my mind!

#10 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,602 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

I think, therefore I am

A man was having dinner at a restaurant. Shortly after he finished his entree, the waiter came by and asked him if he'd like to have a look at the dessert menu. "Oh, I think not," said the diner, and he ceased to exist.

#11 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

lol - must have been an awful entree, I'd place my wager on food poisoning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!