• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Adding A Blog For More More Targeting Advice.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seodesire

seodesire

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

I have a website that ranks for almost all of it's chosen keywords but now it's there and trusted by Google I want to maximize this sites potnetial and grab traffic on many more keywords.

The site currently has 97 pages of those 97, 77 pages rank their keywords.

Now basically the other keywords I want to rank for are different variations of the keywords the main site already ranks for so I would also like to hear a little more on if it will cause any problems that the new keywords are essentially for the same as what's already ranking.

ETA: Think I've chosen wrong section. Mods feel free to move this if it is.

Thanks All.

#2 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

if they're different variations, but essentially the same terms or associated terms, you could probably do both on the main sites pages anyway without any loss to your current serps. TRy a few and see what happens.
However, if you really want to do it the way you suggest, then the only risk you run is that you have two landing pages for near identical terms, and you dont necessarily know which one the visitor will land on. But other than that, yes no problem.

If all you're worried about is if the new pages will affect the current ones, they wont.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!