• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Allowed Sites -- Do I Want Them?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DianaTheHuntress

DianaTheHuntress

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

I've only had my AdSense account about two weeks, so I'm still learning the ropes. My question has to do with "Allowed Sites."

It isn't clear to me why I would or would not want to allow another site to display my pages. Right now, the only allowed site is my own domain. There is a list of "Unauthorized Sites" that have "displayed ads using [my] AdSense publisher ID within the last week." The list includes the following, along with some ISP addresses:

translate.googleusercontent.com
www.bing.com
www.123people.com

Do I want to allow them to display my ads by adding these address to the Allowed Sites list? Or do I want to switch the radiobutton to "Allow any site to show ads for my account." What would be the consequences? I've read the Google help files, and they tell me HOW to do it, but they don't tell me WHY I would or would not want someone else to display my ads.

Diana

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

Diana,

Just to clarify,

Are we talking an AdSense account where you get paid when someone clicks on an ad that displays on one of your sites pages.

Or are we talking about an AdWords account, where you're running an ad that appears elsewhere and you pay a nominal sum for each click sent to your site?

I suspect we're talking about the latter and getting your ads running on on the Contextual network sites. But I'm not sure since you mentioned AdSense in your question.

In which case the answer to your question is going to be It Depends. You would need to track clicks from those network sites and see if the ROI is healthy enough to be profitable for you or not. There's not any stock answer since it depends upon the sites in the contextual network, your ads and your site.

The only general rule is that it probably won't end up being an all of nothing answer. Some sites will send you good quality traffic that converts at a high enough rate to provide good ROI, others won't. So you'll likely end up having to test it and deciding which sites to keep and which to disallow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!