• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Need Help With De-indexing Problem

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 gmr324

gmr324

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

Once again, Randy, thanks so much for your comprehensive reply. It's cleared up a few misconceptions for me.

Q1: No. Though it would be wise to set up 301 redirects on the subdomain addresses for other reasons.

Could you elaborate on these reasons.

You have to try really hard to burn an IP number or range. Seriously hard. I didn't see any evidence of anything like that.

When analyzing my IP neighbors with the MajesticSEO tool, I did notice several adult-related domain names. Would this be
considered a "bad enough" neighborhood for me to move out of it?

Thanks Again!

George

#17 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

Last one first.

No, the mere factoid that there are neighboring sites that are adult in nature is not enough to create a bad neighborhood. It's not the type of site, it's what the sites are doing.

For a server or IP range to get burned you need a good number of sites tied to it that are doing really bad things. You know, like cloaking, actively trying to fool the search engines by showing them different content than they show users, loads of hidden content and links, lots of linking to extremely bad neighborhoods, etc. And not with just a site or two. It has to be pervasive manipulation of the worst kind.

The reason to redirect subdomains is simply so that you remove the possibility of providing the search engines with duplicated sites on different url addresses. So that all of the content is available from www.somedomain.com but not at sub.otherdomain.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.