• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Changing From Html To Asp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyB

AndyB

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

Hi everyone, hope you are all well

I am looking at redesigning our website, in the last 3 years since it has been live our technology and technical minds have grown and we would like to replace our existing website built with all .html files to .asp files, just so we can have more functionality and include files etc etc.

Eventhough most of the content is the same, and the page strucurtre is the same, we just want to change the extention to .asp, is there a proper way of going about this without damaging our hard earned rankings, such as a particula redirect to let google know that index.html has become index.asp ???

any help and advice would be most appreciated as always !

blackhat.gif < --- I dont know why i added this, i dont look like him, im unsure of his emotion but i like him !!! he can stay !

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

So your filenames are consistent then? somepage.html is going to become somepage.asp? If so, you've done that exactly the right way for easiest migration.

Basically you'll just want to set up a 301 redirect rule that detects requests for the .html extension, then have it redirect to the .asp version, making sure it delivers a 301 Moved Permanently server response.

#3 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

and to do that, you'll use either .htaccess , or windows IIS, depending on your server/config.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.