• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Negative External Link Analysis

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(Leafgreen @ Oct 6 2009, 01:24 PM) View Post
adibranch: Come on. IMHO totally off base and not helpful. You ignored this: . I can easily set up an experiment of changing some aspect of a website and record the effects of such. That's what expert SEOs have been doing for years. Your planet blob theory comparison is just not valid here. You are basically calling SEOs witch doctors. nono.gif

Most SEO experiments are a complete waste of time. SEOs tend to design extremely flawed experiments.

What the majority of experienced SEOs have to offer is a base set of experiences and networks of associates whom they can draw upon for advice and/or assistance. Nowhere in any of that will you find x-ray vision-like capability of analyzing complex search engine algorithms.

In fact, the search engines are only part of the picture. What people do with their Web sites and what people search for (as well as how they search) are factors that only make an already complex process even more complex.

You can certainly place your blind faith in an opinion survey but even if we assume for the sake of discussion that the low-level consensus the survey indicates somehow approaches an accurate depiction of Google's search algorithm, that collective opinion will be obsolete in about 6 months. Google adjusts its algorithm about 10 times a week, or so they claim. Those are all pretty small changes, but they add up over time.

Google is a very different search engine from what it was in October 2007.

An opinion survey represents a snapshot in time, which is nothing anyone should be basing their SEO strategies and principles on.

#17 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(Leafgreen @ Oct 6 2009, 03:24 PM) View Post
adibranch: Come on. IMHO totally off base and not helpful. You ignored this: . I can easily set up an experiment of changing some aspect of a website and record the effects of such. That's what expert SEOs have been doing for years. Your planet blob theory comparison is just not valid here. You are basically calling SEOs witch doctors. nono.gif

I myself work as an SEO, and you're still kinda missing my point. The point is that you cannot have an expert on something which cannot be proved or reinforced. I cant explain it any simpler.
I've been doing SEO for four years, six days a week, and i can categorically state that i know nothing as fact. No one does !! Not even an 'expert'.
All i know is what appears to work based on experiementation. Am i an expert on these thoeries? no, i'm taking educated guesses and hoping they work. If they dont, i dont use them again, and if they do, i manage to narrow down my theories about how google does things.
Of course i could just listen to and adhere to Matt cutts appalling and misleading drivel on his blog. I'm sure that'd work better, but hmmm maybe i'll give it a miss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!