• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Is On Drugs

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

Major weirdness for my niches, im seeing completely weird listings, first page top rankings for expired craigslist ad etc not to mention i lost some great rankings for high quality client sites, what is Google thinking?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

Maybe they were jealous of Bing and Yahoo sucking so badly, so they want to do same?

I do believe they're in the middle of some major changes, so presumably things will shape up over time.

#3 adibranch

adibranch

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

not seeing any such results my end.. if anything i've had better increases than normal.

#4 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

yeah me too, because while they are "shaping up" I am pulling my hair out!

#5 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:35 AM

We have had this for a month or two now in the UK. Seriously rubbish SERP's for many searches. The upside is those who have optomised to include 'UK' as a word, are seeing the benefits rise as searchers turn to adding 'UK' to their searches.

Maybe Google got all nostalgic and wanted to go back to the good old days whistling.gif

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

I'm seeing an increasing number of complaint threads on forums across the SEO space. It is possible (though not necessarily probable) that Google is rolling its Caffeine technology across the data centers.

When they did this for Bigdaddy, the December 2005-March 2006 infrastructure update, they changed out one data center per week, give or take, after a 1-2 month testing period.

When that happened, a similar wave of "I see changes" spread across the online communities. Some people saw the changes one week, other people saw the changes later.

However, this could also be true of any algorithmic update -- and Google says it normally tweaks the algorithms about 10 times a week. It might be we're seeing a pre-Caffeine or non-Caffeine algorithmic change being pushed out one data center at a time.

Matt Cutts talked the SEO community through the Bigdaddy update but he has been strangely silent through the past few weeks on what people are seeing.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

Matt Cutts talked the SEO community through the Bigdaddy update but he has been strangely silent through the past few weeks on what people are seeing.

Heh...yeah, well that's cuz he's been busy talking about the meta keyword tag!

#8 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

ugh STILL in the crapper. Praying for brighter adjustments or its University of Phoenix online for me!!! lol Jill you looking to hire another SEO? I smile a lot and tell jokes smile.gif

#9 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

On drugs? It must be more than that.

I think they're chillin' in the California mountains with a bag of mushrooms, growing their hair, and dancing to Age of Aquarius in their underwear. Well, I hope it's that good! ;-)

My law clients are coming up on page three after a bunch of useless directories. I thought Google's policy was to take searchers to the right place in as few clicks as possible. Now we have to wade through directories, encyclopedias, and whatever else they can come up with to dump ahead of relevant sites.

I hope it comes right soon. Explaining it to clients is one thing....answering them when they say "What are you going to do about it" is another.

#10 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(Say Yebo)
My law clients are coming up on page three after a bunch of useless directories.

Whoah, that sounds like they've ratcheted back to the old "Florida" update of 2004 (I think). Scary.

QUOTE(kynduvme)
Jill you looking to hire another SEO? I smile a lot and tell jokes

I'm not at the moment, but if our new "lower pricing" takes off, I could be. You in Mass?

#11 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

Long Island smile.gif I have managed employees in remote locations before though it CAN work! Please keep me in mind, would be great to be a part of the team.

#12 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Sep 28 2009, 12:34 PM) View Post
Whoah, that sounds like they've ratcheted back to the old "Florida" update of 2004 (I think). Scary.

I does reek of a nasty flashback now that you mention it :-)
Hopefully it'll all go away when Caffeine becomes the new norm.

By the way...I have had great experiences managing employees and outsourcing partners remotely. The key is to get an enthusiastic bunch of people on board. It definitely CAN be done.

#13 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

still, no improvement

#14 Andy_Seo

Andy_Seo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Sep 22 2009, 07:43 PM) View Post
Heh...yeah, well that's cuz he's been busy talking about the meta keyword tag!

Or answering questions no one asked!

As OWG said - the SERPs have been all over the place since early June (here in the UK) and research shows that people are adding 'UK' to their search term even more so. Some guys have even setup this website - http://ukserps.co.uk/ - as a discussion point for all strange results.

BTW - I agree - something big is coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!