• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Website Ranks Well In India But Bad Rankings In Usa ( Targeted)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bond

Bond

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

Hi friends, Please help me out else m going to b jobless soon, I am working for a website Outsourced Software Development Company and done on page and off page optimization work and continuing with link building.

The problem is it used to rank well in Google India intact rank very well in India but has worst rankings in USA which is our targeted market, I have changed the settings in Google WMT 4 month ago to Target users in United states, and site has currently 38000 links according to Yahoo SE, what to do now? I am feeling helpless type

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

I assume you probably mean the site isn't ranking all that well in the .com version of Google. Technically that's the Worldwide version of Google, not the US version. Though US based users do pretty much consider it their version of Google.

Typically the .com version is going to be considerably more competitive than a country/regional version of Google. After all, you're not competing against just US based sites, but every site in the world that is targeting those same phrases. Depending upon the phrases you're targeting, it could take a lot of time and effort to rank well on the .com version.

Saying that you have 38,000 links doesn't really tell us anything. Good quality links is more important than massive quantities of links. Plus you haven't said anything about how your site stacks up with the current top ranking sites in the .com version. Your best bet is probably to do some keyword research to look for closely related but slightly less competitive phrases and target some of them to use as a bridge until you can start competing on the more competitive phrases.

#3 Bond

Bond

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:54 PM

thanks for the suggestion, I am ranking well in .com if i search from India but if someone search in .com from USA then there is a completly different results

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

Is it a .com domain? Or a .co.in?

And is it hosted in the US? Or in India?

All of these things can have an effect. As can your own personalization profile, which is why it's very hard to tell what others who are in that country actually see.

#5 Bond

Bond

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Sep 22 2009, 09:18 AM) View Post
Is it a .com domain? Or a .co.in?

And is it hosted in the US? Or in India?

All of these things can have an effect. As can your own personalization profile, which is why it's very hard to tell what others who are in that country actually see.

Its a .com domain and hosted in USA you can check it in my signatures

#6 Bond

Bond

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(Bond @ Sep 23 2009, 06:30 AM) View Post
Its a .com domain and hosted in USA you can check it in my signatures

I have just found a old threah named How do engines know which country a site is from?, How to get listed internationally. at http://www.highranki...h...6585&st=210 by Ian. I am wondering can domain parking help in my case also? Please please reply someone? where are you Ian I need you badly

#7 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:13 AM

Possibly, but nothing is a 100% certainty.

Your searches aren't really comparing apples to apples because it's highly likely you're seeing personalized results. It happens. And the personalized results become more and more noticeable when the targeted phrases become more competitive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!