• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Branding My Website In The Page Title

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(Randy @ Oct 19 2009, 10:20 AM) View Post
And you have proof for this theory? Because it's been hotly debated for many, many years.

No, I haven't the proof, but I took the seomoz model as an example ..

Personally I'm not so sure having your keyword phrase in word position #1 in the page <title> is better than having it is say word position 2 or 3.

I'm not speaking about seo matters , but >>>>

I like those to show up in the SERP page title when people search for it, because their mind is already conditioned to look for those words in a general, sense. Not actively, but subconsciously.

That's why I prefer my keyword to show in the first place! because of that subconsciously behavior ..

As to the 65 character bit, you need to stop making wild leaps of faith based upon what imperfect tools might or might not tell you. That one comes from the fact that the search engines truncate what gets displayed as the title on the SERP page. But I guarantee you that they index the whole thing. You can even prove this one for yourself pretty easily. Put a made up word in a test page somewhere and make sure it's well beyond character #65. Let it all get re-indexed and search for your made up word. The page will still show up.

I just noticed that .. And you are right, it's basically because the title shows more "beautiful" in the serp // makes no sense I know ..

So now I understand whi Jill said "longer is better" if it doesn't hurt why the hell I don't add these 2 or 3 words !
I also read this article http://www.highranki.../allabouttitles
Interesting ..

Thank you very much for answering ! I can say that I learned something useful today!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.