• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Double Escaping When Backing Up :-s

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

I'm using php/mysql, and I've been working on a modification on an offline version of a site, which is now complete and working nicely.

I'm now trying to back up the data to sql statements so I can just paste them into phpmyadmin on the server, but the backups I'm getting (from SQLyog) are escaping the escape characters :-s

So, when I look at the data through sqlyog's interface I see "Fred\'s lederhosen were red" but in my backup I get "Fred\\\'s lederhosen were red".

It may be because it's Friday afternoon, but I've never noticed this problem before and I can't figure out why it's happening now - any suggestions?

#2 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

I've gotten that from time to time whenever the tool I was using had some sort of "auto correct" feature for escaping special characters.

It didn't recognize that the character was already escaped, so every time it saved it escaped it again...

#3 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

Yeah, I thought it would be something like that but I couldn't see any settings to change it anywhere :-s

I think I may just install phpmyadmin to solve the problem. I like SQLyog, it's the first decent mysql management tool I used and I learned a lot by using it so I'm very comfortable with it, but every online server I've used has had phpmyadmin installed so it kinda makes sense to switch anyway.

#4 rolf

rolf

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

Google are pretty snappy these days - this thread is already showing up as I look for info on how to deal with the problem :-o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!