I will try to keep this brief, but I would like to share some background.
- It does not rank in Google for the competitive terms that it use-to and Google removed the site's PR.
- The website was out ranking us for our #1 key-term (extremely competitive) we are #7/8 they were #5.
- The inbound links (over 952) still exist and include 9 Yahoo Directory Listings, 3 DMOZ and 15 .EDU's
- The site has been around over 10 years and built up some serious trust with Google.
Our website has only been around 5 years but has over 24k links thanks to an in-house affiliate program.
By buying this website and setting up a 301 to our site:
- Will the PR ever return?
- Will the age of the domain and trust be passed on to our website?
- Does it matter that the site has been taken offline?
Thanks ahead of time for all of your help