• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Hyperlinks Within Google Snippet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andy_Seo

Andy_Seo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:11 AM

Has anyone else noticed that hyperlinks are appearing within Google's snippets more widely now? I get it on my I-phone quite prominently, however i've seen that links are appearing within the snippet - which once clicked on - takes you to the same page but a different section via the anchor (i.e. #new_section). Wondered if anyone else had experienced such a feature?

#2 rustybrick

rustybrick

Seeking A+ Posts

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

Yea, this started showing up in the past week. What do you think of it?

I have a picture over here and it comes up for this search also http://www.google.co...n contributions

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, I've seen a couple of 'em in the last week. I'm not sure what to call 'em even. Snippet Sitelinks perhaps? giggle.gif The only times I've seen these snippet links show up is when a site already has sitelinks, so I'm assuming at this point the two are somehow connected.

I have a feeling Google is probably testing their usability. Frankly, I don't find usability to be all that great. Especially since they're in-page anchors. Even if it is on the same page they just seem a little awkward to be inside the snippet to me. I think I'd rather see those as normal sitelinks on the SERP page, then just have them take me to that section of the target page.

Dunno, maybe they'll grow on me. I do have a feeling they're probably more for cell phone and/or pc tablet users, where the screen just isn't as large. And granted I try to avoid surfing via cell all I can. I get enough of that when at the PC.

#4 Andy_Seo

Andy_Seo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

Sorry been away on Holiday - hence late reply!

Don't really like them to be honest - I think it looks a little spam and make me (personally) think that i'm less likely to click on such a result. I don't understand why they didn't incorporate a site link solution rather than hyperlink the snippet. Lots of testing going on over the past two months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!