• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Site Review

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

filters are always good and usefull, but I'd prefer it at a higher level, you have to drill down too much before the filter option becomes available IMO.

#17 Michael-F

Michael-F

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:05 AM

In addition to being able to filter by price/manufacturer, I'd try to add a filter for specific features, sizes, etc.

That's the kind of thing that can set you apart if it's done right.

#18 ArtphotoasiA

ArtphotoasiA

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hi there kashyap

Graphic is clean as it must be in an ecommerce web but anyway is not boring or cheap...

The menu does not give problems and is intuitive... I do not see anything strange all seams to work... no errors or strange behaviours....

Info to contact the website are clearly displayed and easy to find...

Many payment processors is good value as not all curomers use the same one...

The goods are clealy diplayed with good description and also many options are available...

I just noted that you have also some ssl certificates and anti hacker installed... a big plus...

A 30days/money back is a conforting point that make me feel safe to buy there...

I do not need anything like that now but in case good to know...

I hope big G will reward you with a good placement as this is a quality website....

The job is really professional... a good ecommerce website... 9/10 congrats!

The only thing you can do more is make it w3c complain....

Regards

#19 Mooro

Mooro

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(Michael-F @ Sep 15 2009, 05:13 PM) View Post
Having valid HTML does nothing to help your customers or your rankings. As long as your site works properly in all the browsers you want to cater to (including things like screen readers), there's no reason to give it a second thought.

I totally disagree. As mentioned here already 'tag soup' is hell on earth for any developer and really any developer worthy of a salary will deliver you valid markup, anything else isn't professional in my humble opinion.

Look into Disability Discrimiation, a huge step towards accessibility is having valid markup and cruddy markup is less likely to render a viable experience to those on screen readers etc. There's no excuse for poor markup at all.

I'm English so speak to me in perfect English and I'll understand you, speak to me in broken English and I'll struggle to understand, surely engines and bots are no different, if we're going to talk to them we might as well be fluent in the language they know.

I'm liking that site, well defined calls to action throughout with the phone numbers at the top and the add to cart buttons there on the index.

I'd suggest putting the best selling items above where they are now so you're getting the add to cart button above the fold.

The speed is a factor though, I'm in the UK and it was a bit too slow for my liking.

I've just taken a look at your site with Google's Page Speed tool in FireFox / Firebug, it scores 66 out of 100 so there's a lot that can be done to speed it up. Like enabling browser caching, compression of output, setting image dimensions and serving images and static content from a cookieless domain. It all helps.

There's a lot of external javascript according to YSlow, can these be put in one file?

It looks like none of the images have expires headers so each load will result in them being requested again, setting an expires date well in the future on static content saves http requests and bandwidth.

YSlow is an awesome tool, worth getting and taking notice of what it says will speed your site up big time.

Personally, I don't see the value in the comodo badge that says hacker safe. Is there any concrete proof that such an icon has a positive effect on conversion?

But from a making money point of view I do not see anything on that site which would stop me spending as it's trustworthy on first impressions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!