• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dynamic Page Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sanman

sanman

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:22 AM

I am working on a website which was generating pages like "index.php?option=" earlier and managed through Joomla CMS. Recently, the same has been changed by one other company and now it has static page and also changed the hosting to go daddy, so now one can make changes to single file and all pages are now named relevant to keywords. Now also when search is performed in google using "site" it still shows some 30 pages with "index.php?option=content&task=view&id=13" all same home page the ID=13 changes to 14, 26, 36 and like that and all pages are still live with same content (only for home page), also to my surprise, today I changed the home page title and meta description in index.php file and uploaded that single file to server and when I checked those ID=13, 26, 36 and other 27 pages, I found the changes I made to index.php file has reflected to those 30 pages also. I am not able to find out where those 30 pages are located. Please help, else I fear google will consider those 30 pages as duplicate.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

It sounds like they set up a mod rewrite to allow those pages to show up with a so called SEF url, but no 301 redirect was put into place if the old dynamic url was requested.

That's difficult to correct in .htaccess without writing 30 different redirect rules, one for each of the old page locations and using THE_REQUEST to analyze the actual file request being made in the browser. Usually it takes some sort of scripted redirect, which appears to be a missing component in what has been done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!