• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Free Keyword Tools

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 wsajay

wsajay

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

Hi Friends,

Currently Iam Using Following Free Keywords Tools like -
  • Google Adwords
  • Google.com/sktool
  • wordtracker
  • SEO Book Keywords tool

Please tell me more free Keywords Tools.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:32 AM

Why do you need more?

Or for that matter why do you need that many keyword research tools? Sounds like a lot of wasted time to run the same queries in four places to me.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

And Wordtracker is not free. At least not to get the information you'd need for an SEO campaign.

#4 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

A good source for keywords that is free is your own site. Look at the analytics. If you don't have any sign up for Google analytics. Its free. And once you have data you can find the keywords people are already using to find the site. And more importantly which ones are of value. If a keyword phrase brings visitor to your site, but they leave immediately then its either of no value or you're not meeting the needs of those visitors. Either way you need to rethink your campaign. Simply stockpiling a list of keywords shouldn't be your only objective.

#5 2Clean

2Clean

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:46 AM

Use your head and ask friends how they would search for something.

#6 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(2Clean @ Sep 8 2009, 06:46 AM) View Post
Use your head and ask friends how they would search for something.

Wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy. It would save me a lot of time and money.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:03 AM

A good source for keywords that is free is your own site. Look at the analytics.

Problem with this method is that if you're not optimized for anything, chances are you won't find the keywords you should be optimizing for within your analytics.

Sort of a chicken/egg thing.

#8 wsajay

wsajay

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:43 AM

thanks for reply....................

#9 blackirish.ken

blackirish.ken

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

You can add the new Free Keyword Tool from WordStream to your list. We just released it today.

It's comparable to, if not better than, the paid version of WordTracker, but it's totally free!

BTW, in the interest of full disclosure, I work for WordStream.

But regardless, everything I said holds true.

Check it out for yourself: wordstream/keywords

Cheers!
Ken Lyons

#10 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:44 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy.
It is isn't it? or at least it's a good starting point. OK , checking G! keyword tool for variations and search counts is the next stage, but asking a bunch of friends and family members , separately so no-one elses answer influences them, is a very good way to see how others would find something without spending any money.

hell, stand outside your local supermarket with a clipboard and ask people, nothing like doing a bit of free market research, It can even be fun as well.

also it can help you get a broad cross section of the population if you move from supermarket to supermarket.

You won't get the same answer from those outside Asda or Aldi as you would Waitrose or Sainsbury's wink1.gif

#11 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

It's comparable to, if not better than, the paid version of WordTracker, but it's totally free!

Ken, how does it compare to Google's free tools?

#12 blackirish.ken

blackirish.ken

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Sep 15 2009, 12:33 PM) View Post
Ken, how does it compare to Google's free tools?

Hey, Jill.

It's pretty much comparable to Google's Keyword Suggestion Tool. But I think we outshine Google in the long tail query suggestions (3 terms or more). You can also choose related keyword ideas and filter out modifiers in the results if you want, something you can't do with the Google tool. Plus, we'll email you all your results in a CSV file.

But I encourage everyone to bang on it and take it for a test drive and see for yourself. It's still in Beta, so any feedback you have would be great. Just shoot me a DM if you have suggestions.

Basically, our take is (unlike WT and KD) we're going to give all this data away for free because we believe keywords in and of themselves are not very valuable. The true value lies in what you do with those keywords and how you leverage those keywords to drive sales and profits on your site.

Ken

#13 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

Thanks! You may say this on your site (haven't checked yet) but may I ask where you get your data from?

What I like about the Google tools is that it gets its data from...well...Google!

#14 blackirish.ken

blackirish.ken

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Sep 15 2009, 01:00 PM) View Post
Thanks! You may say this on your site (haven't checked yet) but may I ask where you get your data from?

What I like about the Google tools is that it gets its data from...well...Google!

Jill, if I told you, I'd have to kill you. omg.gif

Seriously, though, we're weighting and aggregating over one billion unique keywords, representing well over 10 trillion search queries, and hundreds of millions of related terms from diverse keyword sources, including:

>Internet Service Providers
>Browser Toolbars
>Search Engines

Ken

Edited by blackirish.ken, 15 September 2009 - 01:06 PM.

#15 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:48 AM

ken
But I think we outshine Google in the long tail query suggestions (3 terms or more).
Apparently longtail has no relevancy to number of words in the phrase. It's to do with quantity of searches and nicheness (is that a word?) of phrase being searched.

Seriously, though, we're weighting and aggregating over one billion unique keywords, representing well over 10 trillion search queries, and hundreds of millions of related terms from diverse keyword sources
wow, what with, you got a super computer or a whole datacenter of blades?

Or just a lot of time on your hands lol.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!