• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Top Categor Contains Same As Sub Categories?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seodesire

seodesire

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

I couldn't find a section about this so thought internal linking might be the right place.

Is it a problem if I have a hierarchy where the very top category has the same excerpts that are in all of the sub categories?

Hierarchy:

Top Category - Excerpts of every post from all of ther sub categories beneath.

Sub Categoires - Only Excerpts from within that sub category or anything above it's subs category.

It's immdeiately flagging me that there is going to be category that has my whole site content while also being categoires that contain the same excerpts.

I hope I haven't been too confusing here is a url strucutre to explain it a bit better as well.

/maincategory (all post exerpts_

/maincategory/subcategory (all sub category post exerpts)

/maincategory/subsubcategory (all exerpts from category above and current category.)

I'm not sure if this will be an issue but if it is I also hope someone knows of a solution to eradicate such bad strucutre.

Unfortunately it's how wordpress categoires wotk that seems to be causing what I think is bad strcuture.

Thanks.

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

IMO, I don't see anything wrong with that structure.

The top level category contains what's found in all the sub-categories. Each sub-category only contains the items relevant to that sub-category. It's basic hierarchical structure and makes it fairly easy for site visitors to either get an overview of the entire site contents or drill down to a specific category that interests them.

What specifically about it makes you think there would be a problem?

--Di

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!