• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Seo Hierarchy Of Needs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,987 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

I really liked this SEO Hierarchy of Needs article on the Bruce Clay blog.

QUOTE(Article Snippet)
The SEO hierarchy of needs takes its cues from Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, a well-known diagram rooted in the field of psychology, which explains the various motivators of human behavior...Likewise, if fundamental site requirements -- like quality content and theme-based site architecture -- aren't secure, it's probably inappropriate to commit resources to higher SEO objectives, like link building.

What do you guys think?

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

Excellent article -- and excellent point. Way too many webmasters/website owners want to jump right in to link building without having a site worth linking to in the first place.

Get the fundamentals right and the rest will fall into place a lot more easily. smile.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Well, I agree with it if you're talking about a web site already built and someone is paying you to make things better. Where your income is derived strictly from fees and is in no way connected to the site's health.

However for someone trying to figure out how to start a site or two and making a living from the web it's missing the most important element that should be right at the base. And it's something that plays into SEO for already developed sites too. And that's Market Research.

Without market research you can't have any idea if a market is already saturated or if there's room for another competitor. Nor can you assess whether any market has commercial potential. So that's kind of an important one to miss. Vital really, though too many totally skip this most important first step.

#4 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(Randy @ Sep 1 2009, 08:26 PM) View Post
Without market research you can't have any idea if a market is already saturated or if there's room for another competitor. Nor can you assess whether any market has commercial potential. So that's kind of an important one to miss. Vital really, though too many totally skip this most important first step.

True, but I do not prefer to see it in the pyramid ...

If I have good knowledge about "pets care" for example, I'll just make a website about that, I'll target low traffic keywords (less competition) and I'll try tp market the website using social networking for example ..

In the article, there wasn't any notice about the objectives of the website .. It's not always necessary to build a "traffic machine" or an "earning machine" . It can be just a personal experience website.

Actually I said that because I don't like this new vision and this new "definition" of the internet (It's not all about marketing ...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!