• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Auto Translation And Meta Titles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Freezer

Freezer

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

I was wondering if Google gives some sort of penalty, if a site has identical titletags?

The website is written in a low minority language (danish) I have Google Translation for several languages integrated, and in this case it changes an URL from fx. www.domain.com/article/subject = www.domain.com/jp/article/subject (where JP is the language definition)

Does this cause a problem?

And should i refer from the google translation tool, and hire a ghostwriter for a standalone version of the site, im thinking in ways of a clean Sitemap and clean links?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:02 PM

I'm confused by your questions. You are asking about Title tags, but then your example is for a URL.

Since it's impossible to have a duplicate URL, what you're doing shouldn't be a problem. Duplicate title tags, however, are not a good idea since every page should have unique content and therefore unique Title tags.

Regarding auto translation, it's typically pretty horrible and I wouldn't recommend using it if you are serious about your business.

Moving this to the International SEM Issues Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!