• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Blogspot 301 Redirect....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andy_Seo

Andy_Seo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

I've seen loads of posts on this but they're all incorrect as they use a META refresh to point to another URL. Any info on how best to place a 301 redirect on examplemyblog.blogspot.com? Is it possible?

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

Last time I checked blogspot didn't support 301 redirects Andy. They haven't ever given that type of server access (eg use of .htaccess) or even the ability to upload scripted redirects. It's one of those reasons I've always advised people to develop a blog on their own domain name instead of using one of these free services that append stuff to their domain name. (Note the distinction, you can use a free or paid service as long as you control the domain name. Because with that you can still do pretty much anything you need to by moving the domain name to another host.)

#3 Trilitech

Trilitech

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

Yes it can be done, but you have to jump through some hoops. I tried this out myself with a test blog about a month ago and after about a 1 week of chaos all the rankings came back and so far at least seem stable. It looks like the site with the explanation no longer exists but you can read it from the Google cache for now.

http://74.125.95.132...it-be-done.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!