• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple Exact Match Domains

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AmIAwesome

AmIAwesome

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

I have about 50 exact match domains for different features and benefits of a telecommunications service we offer. I'm currently 301 redirecting these domains to our main website using GoDaddy forwarding. My goal is to increase the relevancy of these domains so they show up in SERPS in an effort to gain more traffic.

My idea is to create a 1 page mini site for each domain inwhich the content is original and relevant to the exact match phrase so when people land there they'll get the information they were likely looking for. These mini sites will then all link to a relevant page on our main site to allow visitors to order our service where the feature or benefit of interest is available.

I'm looking for advice on my plan and the best way to go about setting it up. Thanks.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

You're asking for a ton of work if you do it that way bigT.

Producing all of the content is one thing. It requires time, but it's usually time you're going to put in one way or the other since you'd put the content up somewhere on the main domain even if you didn't have all of the extra domains.

In case you hadn't heard, the domain name in and of itself isn't a huge ranking factor. So having a domain that contains exact match keyword phrases doesn't really gain you anything. Where this can help you is if people started linking to the domain, using the domain name as the anchor text. This same use of keyworded anchor text can be used just as well no matter what the domain name happens to be.

Thus for your plan to work, you would have to do appropriate link building for 51 domains (the main site plus 50 others) just as if they were all complete, stand alone web sites. As opposed to doing the link building for the same phrases for one main site.

You'd end up doing roughly 50 times more work to get to the same place.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,036 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

Can you say 1990's search engine spam?

Cuz that's basically all your doing. Google is so over that.

#4 AmIAwesome

AmIAwesome

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

Appreciate the feedback. Guess I'm stuck with a 90's mindset. I was under the impression that exact match domains had more weight, www.seobook.com/archives/001860.shtm, but I see now that article is 3 years old. So from an SEO standpoint, it's a complete waste of time to do anything with those domains. I should just keep the 301 redirects and gain from the trickle of type in traffic that is generated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!