• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

What Are These Stats Like?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

35.48% of my traffic comes from Direct Traffic
23.23% of my traffic comes from Referring Sites
41.29% of my traffic comes from Search Engines

- is this a good ratio?

- I guess that it really doesnt matter as long as you get conversions - but 'typically' which one of the above, if you have to choose, would you rather was increased?

Thanks - Lister

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

but 'typically' which one of the above, if you have to choose, would you rather was increased?

Well, which one or ones convert the best?

When push comes to shove I always go back to conversion. Because if you see search converting at a 5% rate but referral from non-search sources converting at 15% the answer becomes obvious, doesn't it? wink1.gif

The Direct Traffic is a difficult one. If it's true Direct Traffic it means they've already found you somehow or the other, have probably already visited and are already interested in what you have to offer. Thus are more likely to convert. On the opposite side of the spectrum some of that Direct Traffic visits are bound to be false positives. Meaning they're really coming from a Search or Referring Site, but have software installed on their system (see Norton's Anti-Virus) that doesn't report referral information as its default setting.

As a general rule, I like your profile. I personally shoot for having less than half of my traffic originate from Search. It's the old having all of ones eggs in a single basket syndrome.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Looks like a pretty good (normal) ratio to me. You're not too tied to any one form of traffic. 50% search traffic is good, assuming it's targeted.

#4 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:50 AM

great thanks for replies - the direct traffic is an odd one since I have activated the filter on my GA - but it does seem kinda high......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.